Tips for choosing your wedding dress
(Article by Linda of Ruby Bridal)
Selecting a wedding gown is possibly one of the most exciting things for a bride-to-be to do. Regardless of whether you know what kind of gown you want or not, it is a dress you will remember for the rest of your life.
The most frequently asked question after a wedding is ?What did the Bride wear?? So, where do you start and what should you expect?
Every bride dreams of her wedding day and choosing the perfect wedding dress will transform her dreams into reality. Brides want to visit a store where they feel at ease and the entire process of choosing their wedding dress is a pleasurable one?.
1. It is a good idea to start your search at least nine months before your wedding ? some gowns take several months to arrive.
2. Make an appointment when visiting bridal stores ? this ensures you will have privacy, guidance and advice.
3. Take someone you trust along to give you a second opinion ? and be open to their suggestions. Avoid taking too many friends shopping with you, too many opinions and you might end up confused and frustrated.
4. Try not to visit too many bridal shops in the same day. When you are fresh, full of energy and enthusiasm, you will be able to make sound judgments.
5. Gowns don’t always look the same on hanger as they do on you, so be open to recommendations of bridal store staff and always try on more than one style of dress.
6. Always look for a dress that compliments your best features and is comfortable. Every bride is going to be concerned about some part of her body, but there really is a perfect dress for every figure.
7. When choosing your gown – take into consideration things such as the shoes, jewellery, underwear, and accessories you would like to wear.
8. Check that the stores you visit stock dresses and accessories that are within your budget
9. Ask about discounts when purchasing your wedding dress and bridesmaid?s dresses at the same store.
10. Never pay upfront for your dress. 50% deposit upon order, and 50% upon pick up is standard. Ask about payment plans too.
11. Once you have chosen a dress ? try walking and sitting in it to ensure comfort and ease of movement
12. Most of all – Have fun!
After the wedding, don?t forget to have your wedding gown professionally cleaned to restore the original beauty of your wedding dress so you can cherish it as a keepsake of your wedding for many years to come.
Article by Linda of Ruby Bridal
Ruby Bridal of amazingly affordable wedding dresses and accessories in exclusive designs, that fit every wedding, every budget, and every figure. We pride ourselves on our friendly and relaxed surroundings in a ‘by appointment only’ private environment. Our bridesmaid’s dresses are designed to compliment our wedding dresses and come in a choice of over 60 colours. Visit us for a truly pleasurable experience.
Choosing a wedding dress
Bridal articles on wedding gowns, flowers and veils.
New Zealand wedding articles and advice for brides on their big day, Tips for choosing your wedding dress and wedding shoes